Five Ways To Stimulate Creativity
Innovative ideas are essential for every business opportunity to create value and wealth. Entrepreneurial actions guided by creativity initiate strong opportunities for growth. A business plan must be crafted with focus and optimism to generate new market possibilities.
- Get rid of your “yes-but” attitude. Instead of focusing on what won’t work, look past the initial negatives and take an idea to the next step. A “yes-yes” attitude is sure to provide greater opportunities.
- Pretend you’re a beginning. This will help you look at old problems in a new way. Invite people who know little about the problem to offer their insight.
- Let go of being right. Keep your mind open to new ideas — especially other people’s new ideas. Letting someone else be right will boost their confidence and strengthen the team.
- Be willing to suspend judgment. Be as encourager of ideas instead of a squelcher. Wtihold your judgment as long as possible.
- Do away with assumptions. First you must recognize your own assumptions, and then you can let them go. Keep asking why instead of relying on what you assume to be true.